ALFA ROMEO - GIULIA and STELVIO - Caster and camber correction kit. The only upgrade on the market designed, to address the excessive caster on lowered and cambered Giulia's and Stelvio's. Fits all Alfa Romeo Giulia models, including QV / GTA / GTAm and all Alfa Romeo Stelvio models, including QV.
This kit includes 2x front control arm bushings (caster correction) with all aluminum housing and CrMo heat treated eccentric uniball inserts + 4x extended bolts with washers + 4x alu camber shims + 20x quick adjustment camber shims of various thickness for fine tuning the alignment.
In stock format, the Alfa Romeo Giulia's and Stelvio's are both quite low on camber for performance driving, quickly wearing outer edge of the tires and reducing the grip during cornering. While camber can be easily gained up to about -2°00' by simply shimming the front lower aft control arm, the negative side effect is, that the caster will be severely effected by doing so. The most noticeable issue is that caster will increase well beyond OEM specifications, to over +8°00, pushing the front wheels too much forward, making them interfere with the wheel liners and front coolers, causing damage to your tires and your car. Second, not visible but noticeable issue, is compromised handling dynamics of your Alfa Romeo, caused by changed geometry of front control arms, rendering narrower front track, decreasing front end grip. Third issue which is the most noticeable on cars with high performance tires, is the dynamic alignment change during cornering, occurring due to deformation of soft compound rubber bushings.
Solution? GMS Caster / camber correction kit.
The kit is designed to replace soft OEM rubber bushings with GMS eccentric uniballs to eliminate the unwanted deformation and flexing, which results in noticeably improved steering feedback and precision. The eccentric designed uniballs allow up to 2°00' of caster reduction to keep the caster within OEM specified range and prevent any tire interference with wheel liners or front coolers, while still allowing to run up to -3°30' of camber. By adding the much needed negative camber at the front and at the same time maintaining the correct geometry, the front end grip is immensely improved and the steering feedback and precision is noticeably improved as well. A solution a high performance car like Giulia QV deserves.
This product is an "essential" upgrade for any Giulia and Stelvio owner with the appetite for faster lap times with increased grip, reduced understeer, better handling, improved feedback and lesser outer tire by correct caster values.
To suit your type of use - street, track, race, the adjustment can range from -1°00' to -3°30' of camber. The most extreme configuration - race spec, allows to set the camber up to -3°30', while still keeping caster at about +6°45'. Precise alignment specs are provided (street, track, race) as well, to help you get started with your base line setup.
ALFA ROMEO - GIULIA / STELVIO - Caster and camber correction kit
- Reduced wear of outer tire edge on front wheels
- Adjustable front camber (-1°00' to -3°30').
- Corrected caster on cambered and lowered vehicles (Up to 2°00' of caster reduction).
- Corrected geometry on front (Track width).
- Reduced understeer.
- Better turn-in.
- Increased grip.
- No wheel rubbing or interference with wheel arches and front coolers.
- Unmatched steering precision and feedback.
- Unmatched reliability and lifespan.
- Precise alignment specs provided (Street, track, race).
- All aluminum T6-6061 CNC machined bushing housing.
- 42CrMo4 CNC machined uniball housing.
- 42CrMo4 CNC machined and heat treated cross axis.
- PET-GL self lubricating sliding medium.
- Rubber sealed assembly for weather proof use.
- Maintenance free.
- Sold as a set (2x front control arm bushings (caster correction) with all aluminum housing and 42CrMo4 heat treated eccentric uniball inserts + 4x extended bolts with washers + 4x alu camber shims + 20x quick adjustment camber shims of various thickness for fine tuning the alignment).
- Laser engraved GMS logo.
- Fits all Alfa Romeo Giulia models, including QV / GTA / GTAm and all Alfa Romeo Stelvio models, including QV.